What Is a Stress Test / Treadmill Test?
A stress test can determine if you have heart disease. A doctor or trained technician performs the test. He’ll learn how much your heart can manage before an abnormal rhythm starts or blood flow to your heart muscle drops.
There are different types of these. The exercise stress test — also known as an exercise electrocardiogram, treadmill test, graded exercise test, or stress ECG– is used most often. It lets your doctor know how your heart responds to being pushed. You’ll walk on a treadmill or pedal a stationary bike. It’ll get more difficult as you go. Your electrocardiogram, heart rate, and blood pressure will be tracked throughout.
Why TMT test is required?
- Help to assess symptoms, such as chest pain, shortness of breath or palpitations, to determine whether they are coming from the heart
- See if enough blood flows to your heart as you get more active
- Learn how your heart medications are working
- Find out if it’s likely that you have coronary heart disease and need more testing
- Identify abnormal heart rhythms
- See how well your heart valves are working
- Help you develop a safe exercise program
Miracles Mediclinic Support
Advantage Miracles Mediclinic
- Experienced Cardiologists
- Multispecialty consultants under one roof
- All services under one roof
- Qualified Team of Doctors
- Preferred place for the second opinion
- Conveniently located at Sector 14 and Sector 56