Ear discharge also called Otorrhea is fluids that are released from the ears. Many times your ears may discharge earwax and that’s quite natural. It is oil that your body produces to make sure those bacteria, dust, and other unfamiliar elements don’t enter your ears. Anyhow, other conditions like a ruptured eardrum can cause blood or other fluids to drain from your ear. Get in touch with one of the reliable ENT Doctors Gurgaon if you experience any kind of discharge as it can be a sign that your ear is injured or infected.
Types and Causes
Ear discharge is very common and can happen to anyone regardless of age and gender. There are numerous causes of ear drainage or discharge, though the most common type of discharge from the ear is earwax, which is known to keep your ear healthy and clean. For more information, you can visit one of the well-known ENT Clinics in Gurgaon.
- As ears produce earwax to keep the ear clean and healthy, it is not something you should be worried about as it’s a normal discharge. It can be of different colors like yellow, white, or brown. Earwax also protects your ears from any kind of infection. Moreover, if earwax mixes with water while bathing or swimming, it can appear like a runny discharge.
- Clear fluid coming out from your ear can be water that collects in your ear after swimming or bathing. You can gently dry your ears after getting wet by simply holding a hair dryer on low heat away from your ear or by utilizing a towel. This will help in preventing an infection known as swimmer’s ear. Get effective ENT Treatment in Gurgaon from a reputed clinic for quick recovery.
- A minor injury or scratch inside the ear canal can at times lead to a small amount of blood to exit the ear. If you have a ruptured eardrum, you may notice blood, clear fluid, or pus coming from your ear.
Seek for Medical Attention
- It is essential to call your trusted doctor, if the discharge from your ear often (more than 5 days) and white, yellow or bloody. Make sure to visit one of the best ENT Clinics in Gurgaon to acquire the best treatments and medical attention.
- As at times ear discharge may happen due to other symptoms like fever, do ask your doctor to check for any accompanying symptoms. Other reasons to seek medical attention during an ear discharge is if you experience serious pain, swollen or red ears, or you have lost hearing.
- Moreover, an ear injury that causes discharge is also a good reason to visit a doctor. The most skilled and experienced ENT Doctors Gurgaon will give you the suitable treatments after examining your condition properly.
Treatment Options for Ear Discharge
Ear discharge is common and not always something to worry about, though if it is more than just ear wax, then it can be something very serious. Treatments depend on its causes, and at times there conditions that don’t require any medical treatment.
To find the suitable ENT Treatment in Gurgaon, make sure to get your condition checked properly by a well-experienced doctor in this field.