Some people stress about getting a CT scan test because of the radiation that comes out is known as a possible reason for cancer. However, the chances of getting cancer from a CT scan are very low and for most people, it is worth the small risk of radiation exposure. MRI and CT scans help doctors find dangerous health related issues and check whether or not treatment is working well.
What is a CT Scan?
A computed tomography (CT) scan is a test your doctor may utilize to view the problem within your body, plan your surgery, or to check how well a treatment is reacting for you. It employes powerful X-rays, a type of radiation, to make comprehensive pictures of the inside of your body. A reputed and skilled doctor will ensure that perks you’d acquire from the scan outweigh the drawbacks before he or she suggests it for you.
What Does Computed Tomography Show?
A CT scan has countless uses, though it is especially well-suited to swiftly examine people who may have internal injuries from accidents or other types of trauma. MRI in gurgaon is available for nearly all parts of your body and is employed to identify disease or injury and to prepare medical, radiation, or surgical treatment.
Prepare for a CT Scan Properly
- CT scans are painless, noninvasive and accurate, however, you need to prepare for it properly. A healthcare expert will suggest you what all medicines you need to take or not consume on the day of your CT scan.
- They may also tell you not to eat or drink anything for at least 2 to 4 hours before your CT scan appointment. It is suggested to stay open with your healthcare provider when it comes to your health. If you think you’re pregnant, tell them without hesitating.
What Will Happen During a CT Scan?
- The whole process of CT scan is not really that complicated. The healthcare expert will tell you to lie on your back on a table and may offer you some medicine to assist you feel calm and relaxed. He or she may inject into an IV or ask you to swallow contrast dye to assist a body part display better.
- The table you’re lying on will be moved into an open space in the middle of the machine. During the whole process, it is vital for you to stay still and not move at all for accurate results. As the test is quick and easy, it won’t take much time and you’d be free in no time.
Benefits of CT SCAN
- A prime benefit of computerized tomography is its ability to image bone, soft tissue, and capillary all at the exact same time.
- It is known to be an economical imaging tool for guiding minimally invasive treatments like needle goals and needle biopsies of different areas of your body, especially the lungs, abdominal section bones and hips.
- They can instantly reveal internal injuries and bleeding quickly enough to help save lives.
Make sure to visit a trusted and reliable MRI labs in Gurgaon when getting such tests done.