When there is some blockage in your nose or nasal cavity, it is referred to as Nasal obstruction. There are numerous common causes of Nasal obstruction, one of them being deviated Nasal septum, Nasal allergy and Nasal polyps. If you’re experiencing such issues constantly, it is advisable to consult a reputed ENT clinic in Gurgaon.
The Sinus-Ear Connection
- Yes, Nasal obstruction and blocked ears are interlinked. Sinus congestion and nasal stuffiness can bring changes in the middle ear, so prompt medical care is essential.
- According to an ENT doctor in Gurgaon, any condition that influences your sinuses will lead to ear blockages, like allergies, sinus infections, and frequent colds too. Usually, air travel and high altitude can cause Eustachian tube dysfunction that may lead to symptoms of blocked ears.
- Blocked sinuses also mean more than just a stuffy nose as you may also experience pain on the forehead & on the face or behind the eyes, dizziness, and muffled-ear. When you visit an ENT doctor, he or she will examine your condition first and then accordingly treat the problem. Find the best ENT clinic for proper treatment.
- Hearing loss in these conditions are not permanent.
- ENT consultation will give you a clear picture of your problem.
Get Relief from Sinus-Caused Ear Congestion
If your ears are blocked because of sinusitis, then here are a few things that you can do to relieve sinus obstruction and related ear blockage:
- You can take a nasal decongestant.
- Utilize a humidifier, as dry air may irritate your nasal passages.
- Reduce the consumption of tobacco, smoke, overcrowded place and other sources of irritation.
- Don’t forget to drink lots of water and avoid blowing of your nose.