Fever is one of the most common conditions that can happen to anyone at any age. When your body temperature is high-than-usual, it means you have a fever. A broad range of illnesses may also cause it. Having a fever is a sign that something unusual is happening in your body. Though, it mostly goes away within a few days or so, but if it doesn’t, make sure to visit the best clinic in Gurgaon.
High Fever Can Be Worrisome
- For an adult, a fever can be uncomfortable, but generally isn’t a cause for serious concern unless it reaches the temperature of 103F (39.4 C) or higher. For infants and kids, a moderately raised temperature can stipulate a severe infection.
- Kids between the age groups of 6 months to 5 years can experience febrile seizures. Some of the children who have experienced one febrile seizure are most likely to experience another one within the next 12 months or so.
- So, yes, high fever is something to worry about, and you should get a checkup from the well-known general physician Gurgaon to acquire a suitable treatment.
Temperature Vary From Person to Person
- Normal temperature is going to differ based on the time of the day and what task you’re performing. It is true; normal body temperature is affected by numerous factors like exercise, sleeping, eating, traveling, and also what time of the day it is.
- According to an internal medicine doctor in Gurgaon, your body temperature is mostly at its highest at around 6 p.m. and it’s lowest at about 3 a.m.
- A high body temperature, or fever, is a way your immune system tries to fight infection. Generally, the rise in body temperature assists you in resolving an infection. Nevertheless, at times, it raises too high that the fever results in something severe and leads to complications in the body.
- Even if you’re one of those people whose body temperature usually stays high, it is always suggested to go to the internal medicine doctor in Gurgaon if the temperature doesn’t get normal after a while. The average normal body temperature is 98.6 F (37 C), and if it exceeds 100.4° F (38 C), the fever is no longer mild and checked in every few hours.
What Causes Fever?
- Usually, fever doesn’t come without other symptoms. It is often accompanied by inevitable complaints, which may assist in identifying the illness causing the fever. By going to a reliable general physician Gurgaon, you will quickly determine the condition and obtain the necessary treatment without wasting any time.
- Fever happens when an area in your brain known as the Hypothalamus, also called the Thermostat of your body, shifts the set point of your normal body temperature upward. When it happens, you can feel cold and add layers or wrap up in a thick blanket, or you may shiver to create more body heat; after some time, it will result in elevated body temperature.
- Make sure to visit the best clinic in Gurgaon as you will not only get reliable treatments for your problem but also connect with a trusted doctor.